10/06/2020 Covid-19 update
WE ARE NOW OPEN
To our patients,
We have some great news to share with you, following advice from our professional associations we are re-opening the clinic to routine appointments on Monday 15th June. As some of you may be aware, we were able to see urgent cases only from last week.
For the safety of our clients and staff we have made changes to the way we work. The way we are working today is in line with current advice and these are our current procedures;
- All patients are required to book in by phone before attending, we kindly request no walk-ins.
- Patients will be asked a series of questions when booking in, these questions are to make sure you are suitable for treatment, that you do not currently have any Covid-19 symptoms, and finally to assess your risk in terms of complications of infection with Covid-19.
- Patients are collected from the car park by their chiropractor, so if you have driven remain in your car, and if you have walked bring an umbrella!
- The chiropractor will lead you into the clinic, opening doors for you. You will be requested to sanitise your hands at reception, then taken directly through to the treatment room.
- We are not currently using the changing cubicles, nor are we undressing patients. Plenty of chiropractors routinely treat patients clothed, although this may affect some of the techniques we normally may use on certain patients (no massage with cream for the time being), we firmly believe it will not diminish the outcome of treatment in terms of its effectiveness.
- The chiropractor will be masked the whole time and wear single use gloves for any patient contact. You may wear PPE if you wish but it is not a requirement.
- After treatment you will be lead back to reception by the chiropractor, where we will take payment and you can make a follow up appointment if required. After this we will show you out the front door.
- All patients are booked with gaps between them, this allows us to show you in and out of the building, minimise the chance of contact between patients and thoroughly disinfect any patient contact points (namely the treatment bench, or the toilet if used).
We feel the precautions we are taking to minimise infection transmission are certainly adequate, however clearly, we cannot remove the risk of virus transmission entirely.
A big concern is that patients are comfortable attending the clinic, so if for any reason you feel that treatment is not appropriate at this time for you, we respect that, please do not feel any obligation to return for treatment under the current circumstances.
The best way to contact us is by phone on 01904 798444 but please stick with us if it takes longer than usual for us to answer or get back to you.
It has been fantastic to get back to work and start helping people again, hopefully we will see you soon.
If we have any further updates we will let you know via email, or please visit our website for the latest news www.acombchiropractic.com
A huge thankyou to you, our loyal patients.
Jonathan, Shazad and the reception team