02/11/2020 Covid-19 update
WE ARE STILL OPEN
To our patients,
We have some great news to share with you, following advice from our professional associations we are able to remain open during the second national lockdown which begins on Thursday 5th November 2020.
The changes that we made when we returned to work after the first national lockdown still apply:
- All patients are required to book in by phone before attending, we kindly request no walk-ins.
- Patients will be asked a series of questions when booking in, these questions are to make sure you are suitable for treatment, that you do not currently have any covid19 symptoms, and finally to assess your risk in terms of complications of infection with covid19.
- Due to the increasing numbers of virus transmission nationally, we would strongly advise any vulnerable patient not to attend the clinic unless in cases of urgent need.
- Patients are collected from the car park by their chiropractor, so if you have driven remain in your car, and if you have walked bring an umbrella!
- The chiropractor will be wearing a mask, a single use apron, goggles and single use gloves for patient contact.
- Patients are required to wear a mask
- The chiropractor will lead you into the clinic. You will be requested to sanitise your hands at reception, then taken directly through to the treatment room.
- We are still not using the changing cubicles, nor are we undressing patients. Plenty of chiropractors routinely treat patients clothed, although this may affect some of the techniques we normally may use on certain patients (no massage with cream for the time being), we firmly believe it will not diminish the outcome of treatment in terms of its effectiveness.
- After treatment you will be shown back to reception, where we will take payment and you can make a follow up appointment if required.
- Of course, all patient contact points in the treatment room and elsewhere are thoroughly disinfected between each patient.
We feel the precautions we are taking to minimise infection transmission are certainly adequate, however clearly, we cannot remove the risk of virus transmission entirely.
A big concern is that patients are comfortable attending the clinic, so if for any reason you feel that treatment is not appropriate at this time for you, we respect that. Please do not feel any obligation to return for treatment under the current circumstances.
The best way to contact us is by phone on 01904 798444 but please stick with us if it takes longer than usual for us to answer or get back to you.
If we have any further updates we will let you know via email, or please visit our website for the latest news www.acombchiropractic.com.
A huge thankyou to you, our loyal patients.
Jonathan, Shazad and the reception team